WooCommerce provides many options for product management, thus your store will always end up looking amazing no matter what type of products you have. But with so many options, it becomes harder to find the option you are looking for. Therefore, we are here to guide you on WooCommerce grouped products and how to set them up. It’s one of the options available for product management in WooCommerce.
If you run an online store that deals with similar products having variations, such as size, storage, etc, you can easily group them so that they are displayed on a single product page but can be bought separately. Remember that the concept of WooCommerce product grouping is different from product bundling, as in product bundles, frequently bought together products are sold as a whole rather than individually.
Attract customers with bargains and discounts by using the crazy Make an Offer Plugins for WooCommerce.
WooCommerce Product Grouping – Let’s Know More
The WooCommerce grouped products option is a great way to indirectly market related or similar products to your customers, reminding them that they could buy them in a set if they want or you have it in your store. For example, if you sell computer parts, you can show the whole system on the main product page but also list the products individually, so customers can choose to buy them as a whole or separately.
It also provides great upselling opportunities as you can also group products that are similar to each other or have multiple versions. This will entice your customers to get a better version of the product and increase the order value.
Since we have discussed all the benefits of WooCommerce product grouping, let’s see how to set it up in your online store.
We have compiled a great
WooCommerce Guide for Beginners. Do check it out if you want to start from the beginning.
3 Easy Steps to Group Products in WooCommerce
Creating grouped products on WooCommerce is a fairly simple procedure and takes only 3 steps. You need to create individual product pages for each product that you need to group and then select them and tag them as grouped products. Let’s see this process in detail.
Step 1: Create Simple Products
Adding a simple product on WooCommerce is very easy. All you have to do is go to WooCommerce > Products > Add new. A new page will open where you have multiple fields such as name, short description, long description, adding media, selecting categories, and tags.
You can also choose the product type, which will be simple here, and add inventory, prices, and much more in the Product Data section below.
Thus, you have to create an individual product page for each product or variation that you want to group. To save yourself from such a time-consuming process, you can create duplicates of the current product by clicking on “Copy to a new draft”.
Step 2: Add into Grouped Products
After all the simple products are created, again go to WooCommerce > Products > Add New, and go below to the Product Data section. Here you will select the product type as “Grouped Product”. After choosing this option, you will instantly see most options removed as there is no need to make the inventory or prices.
All you have to do is go to linked products and add in the simple products you want to display together. You can even drag and drop the products to customize the order in which they are shown.
Step 3: Add Attributes
Although attributes are usually reserved for variable products, you can also add attributes on WooCommerce grouped products, such as their size, color, etc.
And you are done! Thus you can easily add WooCommerce chained products to your online store. In grouped products, the only thing you need to edit are linked products and attributes, all other specifications are for simple, variable, or affiliate products.
Want booking plugins for your online business or reservation system? We got you covered with the Best Booking Plugins.
There are a few things you need to keep in mind when adding grouped products in WooCommerce.
- Only simple products can be grouped.
- A single simple product can be added to more than one grouped products.
- You can create new simple products or add existing child products.
- You can first create a grouped product and add simple/child products into it or vice versa.
Best WooCommerce Extensions for Product Grouping
While the grouped products feature is available out-of-the-box, you can still find a wide range of plugins and extensions in WooCommerce that are jam-packed with amazing features and can make product management even easier.
- WISDM Custom Product Bundles for WooCommerce
- Mix and Match Products
- Composite Products
- Chained Products
- Product Bundles
1. WISDM Custom Product Bundles for WooCommerce
This plugin is the ultimate WooCommerce grouped products plugins available. You can create grouped products, product bundles, and kits and give your customers flexibility in their purchases. The WISDM Custom Product Bundles enables you to customize the layout of your grouped products and choose how they are shown. It is very easy to use and makes adding simple or variable products a breeze.
Even on the main product page, you can display an image of each individual product along with a short description to reduce customer queries. It enables you to create unlimited grouped products, add subscription payments, and generate increased revenue.
- Create unlimited product bundles, grouped products, and customized kits.
- Customize the layout for the product bundles,
- You can set up dynamic pricing for product bundles or groups.
- Customers can add a custom message or get a partial product bundle.
- Manages inventory automatically.
- You can also link products to a bundle or group for upselling opportunities.
- You can also avail of recurring payments by setting up subscription boxes.
- Enable the scroll option so customers can easily view the linked products in WooCommerce grouped products.
To download, click here.
2. Mix and Match Products
Mix and Match Products is another WooCommerce chained products plugin that enables your customers to buy in bulk. With this plugin, you can easily create assorted bundles, set the quantity limit, choose the available fields, and let your customers create a bundle they prefer.
Even with the fields and limit decided, your customers have complete control over their grouped products, whether they choose all products from a single category or mix two categories. This plugin is very easy to use and increases customers’ satisfaction by providing them with this accessible and flexible option.
- Sellers can create assorted bundles to promote bulk buying.
- Sellers can limit the quantity and choose the product categories available for a bundle.
- Customers have control over the number of individual products or variations from each category.
- It enables flexible pricing, thus the bundle could have static pricing or price per item.
- You can easily manage product inventory as a standalone or in a bundle.
- You can also ship the products separately or together in a bundle.
- It also has customizable templates that enable you to change the table and its contents completely.
To download, click here.
3. Composite Products
This is among the best WooCommerce grouped products plugins. It enables customers to build their own product, such as a piece of customized jewelry, or a skateboard from scratch by choosing each part available in the inventory. This is a great option for customers who want to add a personal touch to their purchases.
This plugin is very easy to use and is jam-packed with features to streamline the whole process for customers. You can create amazing product kits with its advanced product grouping capabilities. You can also customize the layout and offer flexible shipping and pricing.
- Customers can build their own products from the available inventory.
- You can choose physical, virtual, downloadable, simple, and variable products for this plugin.
- It consists of multiple layouts and style options which helps in customizing the shopping experience for your customers.
- Product sorting and filtering options to simplify the browsing process.
- Supports conditional logic so you can optimize the individual steps and options.
- Flexible pricing and shipping features.
To download, click here.
Related Article: Square for WooCommerce
4. Chained Products
WooCommerce Chained Products is one of the best plugins available to increase your sales and improve the customer shopping experience. This plugin enables you to link child products to the parent or main product and when the customer selects the parent product, the linked products are automatically added.
Now, how this plugin helps us increase sales? Because you can offer discounts, you reduce the decision-making time for customers and ultimately provide them with a good shopping experience by giving them options for gifts, giveaways, etc.
- Automatically adds linked products to the cart when the main product is selected by the customer.
- The bundles are pre-configured by the seller and thus no changes can be made by the customer.
- Product inventory is managed separately for each product.
- It also auto-updates chained products in past orders if any changes are made by the seller currently.
- Flexible pricing options.
- Create BOGO deals and offer discounts.
- Extremely easy to use and does not affect your website’s performance.
To download, click here.
Searching for the best WooCommerce themes? Here are top 20 WooCommerce themes.
5. Product Bundles
WooCommerce Product Bundles plugin helps you group products and make assorted bundles easily. It is an effective marketing tactic and is sure to increase your store sales. This plugin helps you set up product bundles with its unlimited features such as inventory, flexible shipping, pricing, and much more.
This WooCommerce grouped products plugin enables you to offer customers bulk discounts. Customers can also create personalized boxes and much more. It is one of the best plugins for WooCommerce product grouping.
- Creates assorted and personalized product bundles.
- Enables you to create dynamic bulk discount rules easily.
- You can set the limit for the product bundles and also choose from the multiple layout options.
- You can ship fully assembled, partially assembled, and unassembled products.
- Supports both physical and virtual products.
- Bundled product inventory reports help in managing stock.
- Integration with WooCommerce Subscriptions.
To download, click here.
Here are the Best Authorize.net Plugins for WooCommerce in case you want them.
Now you know that setting up grouped products on WooCommerce is a fairly simple process and is great for upselling and cross-selling opportunities. These WooCommerce product grouping plugins can help you set up grouped products easily on your online store and also give customers the freedom to create their own bundles.