Shipping is the most integral component of an online store that sells physical products. As a result, fast and proper shipping methods will have a lasting impact on your customers and increase recurrent purchasing. Thus, it is important to choose an efficient delivery service for your business.
But, in an online store, you require plugins that can take care of all logistic and technical sectors of shipping. Therefore, by using the best WooCommerce shipping plugins, you can achieve an efficient shipping service along with additional functionalities that will make the whole procedure simple for you and your customer.
What To Look For In A WooCommerce Shipping Plugin?
eCommerce shipping plugins for WordPress have many different features that make them stand out from their competition. But, there are some qualities that all WooCommerce shipping plugins must have to provide ease and excellent service to their customers.
1. Shipping rate method
You need to have a WooCommerce shipping plugin that has different methods for calculating rates. It should calculate rates based on different attributes such as quantity, product type, size, and weight. Also, knowing clear shipping charges reduces cart abandonment.
2. Order tracking
If your customer is aware of the order’s location and can track it easily, this helps in building trust. This is an important feature in all WooCommerce shipping plugins and ensures reliance.
3. Logistic and technical support
A good logistical and technical support ensures delivery on time and safely. It also provides credibility to your business. You can provide services to a wide range of customers, both national and international.
We have also compiled the Best WooCommerce Themes for your store. Do check out.
How To Devise the Perfect Shipping Experience?
Here we are going to discuss the perfect strategy required to make the shipping experience excellent for your customers and therefore, helping your business.
1. Customer expectations
When the customer pays, they expect a lot from their order. They expect it to reach them safely in perfect condition. Therefore, eCommerce businesses have to take care of their customers’ requirements and make sure their product is sent as shown on their website. Sometimes, they also have to keep in mind the customization required by a customer, such as special wrapping or packaging material.
By using the best WooCommerce shipping plugin, you can easily customize the checkout section and also get accurate details of your customers’ requirements.
You have complete control over the shipping method of your business. From rates to payment methods and shipping methods, you can customize the most accessible option for yourself. Many businesses offer their customers free shipping, now that might not be beneficial for a longer period, but is a good way to promote your business at the beginning. You can also set a minimum order value or selective product purchases to get free shipping.
Fast delivery always leaves a positive impression on your customers. You can set the speed of delivery according to your ease. It is also better to be upfront about the delivery time so your customers know when they will exactly receive their order. You can also charge extra for faster deliveries and earn the confidence of your customers.
Therefore, creating a shipping plan according to your customer’s preference and expectation would result in business growth, positive reviews, and repeat purchases.
Have a look at our detailed article about the Best WooCommerce Payment Gateways.
20 Best WooCommerce Shipping Plugins For Online Business
Let’s discuss some of the best shipping plugins that WooCommerce has to offer.
- WooCommerce Advanced Shipping
- ELEX USPS WooCommerce Shipping
- WooCommerce Flexible Shipping
- Weight Based WooCommerce Shipping
- WooCommerce ShipStation Gateway
- Table Rate WooCommerce Shipping
- Yith WooCommerce Order Tracking
- FedEx Shipping Plugin For WooCommerce
- Conditional Shipping And Payments For WooCommerce
- Print Invoices And Packing Lists
- Cart Based WooCommerce Shipping
- WooCommerce Shipping Plus
- DHL Express Shipping For WooCommerce
- Address Validation Shipping Plugin
- WooCommerce Order Delivery Date
- Flat Rate Shipping Plugin
- Hide WooCommerce Shipping Methods
- Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce
1. WooCommerce Advanced Shipping
This WooCommerce shipping plugin gives you complete control over shipping rates. You can create your shipping rates based on different categories such as weight, quantity, zip code, subtotal, country, and state. It is also extremely easy to install and set up. This is one of the best WooCommerce shipping plugins.
- Highly customizable
- Developer friendly
- Easy to use
- Set conditions with a simple user interface
- Create multiple shipping methods
- Additional features are added with shipping zones and Advanced pricing options
- Flexible features
- Excellent customer support
- No coding skills are required
- Shipping rate conditions: cart, product, and user-based.
- The regular license is $18
For more information, click here.
2. ELEX USPS WooCommerce Shipping
ELEX USPS is a free WooCommerce shipping plugin where customers can view real-time USPS shipping rates. Moreover, customers can find a range of rates depending on their product, country, dimension, and weight. It also has fallback rates in case real-time rates are not available, so the customer can easily checkout.
- Free WooCommerce shipping plugin
- Real-time rates of USPS
- Create shipping classes
- Restrict media mail
- Fallback rates available in case USPS API fails
- Shows all low and high rates
- The premium version offers tracking information, printing eVS scan form, and price adjustment for each service
- Weight-based packaging and box packaging in the premium version
To install, click here.
3. WooCommerce Flexible Shipping
Improve your customers’ shipping experience by using WooCommerce Flexible Shipping. This WooCommerce shipping method allows you to create shipping rates based on cart total and weight of products. You can also create unlimited shipping methods and label them as well.
- Create shipping rates on the weight of the product and cart total
- Unlimited shipping methods
- Create titles and descriptions of each shipping method
- Enable specific shipping methods for members
- Sum up costs of two different rules simultaneously, for instance, cart total and product weight
- Free shipping coupons in the Pro version
- Stopping and canceling a rule supported in Pro version
If you want to give this plugin a try, click here.
4. Weight Based WooCommerce Shipping
With this WooCommerce shipping method, you can determine the shipping rates based on the weight of the product. It also calculates rates based on destination and cart subtotal. This is a flexible shipping plugin and can show price as a flat rate or progressively, based on weight.
- Shipping rates based on weight, cart subtotal, and destination
- You can set conditional free shipping by minimum order value, etc
- Different price calculation options such as flat rate and progressive based on product weight
- Supports shipping classes in the Plus version
- Simple and flexible
To install this WooCommerce shipping plugin, click here.
5. WooCommerce ShipStation Gateway
ShipStation is the only web-based WooCommerce shipping plugin. Its fully automated shipping system takes care of import, export, labeling, and customer communication. It also has a mobile app as well and you can print labels, communicate and run your business from it. It is one of the best WooCommerce shipping plugins.
- Web-based shipping plugin
- Mobile responsive
- Print labels wirelessly with ShipStation Connect
- Import, export, create labels and communicate with customers
- The mobile app is compatible with both iOS and Android
- Highly customizable
To download, click here.
6. Table Rate WooCommerce Shipping
The Table Rate is another WooCommerce shipping plugin and is available for free in the WordPress directory. With the help of this plugin, you can set up a table rate for multiple shipping methods, also known as tiered shipping. Moreover, it is easy to install and use.
- Table rate shipping is based on product weight, price, and country
- Integration with WooCommerce shipping zones
- You can set to include/exclude tax in the final shipping rate
- Multiple tiered shipping methods
- Simple and intuitive user interface
- Customize printing labels
- You can include a handling fee in your shipping charges in the Pro version
- You can also base shipping on the number of items in the cart in Pro version
Check out more features here.
7. Yith WooCommerce Order Tracking
Yith Order Tracking is among the best WooCommerce shipping plugins for WordPress. It provides transparency to the customers by giving them complete information about their order’s location and estimated delivery time. Thus, customers can easily track their orders which indirectly enhances your customer service.
- You can select carriers from a list and set them as default as well
- It automatically fills the tracking number, carrier information, and date for orders
- Customers can track the order directly from the user panel
- Easily translate with WPML plugin
- In the premium version, you can attach the tracking information along with the email for order confirmation
- You can add an extra column in the order list for order tracking information
Check out the live demo here.
8. FedEx Shipping Plugin For WooCommerce
FedEx Shipping Plugin for WooCommerce supports domestic and international shipping. With this plugin, your customers can access real-time shipping rates calculated from FedEx APIs. You can also print labels and configure the packaging method. You can also send the order tracking information to your customers in their emails.
- Real-time access to shipping rates
- Generate shipping labels in bulk
- Send order tracking information to customers
- Shows estimated delivery time
- Domestic and international shipping
- You can set up a date for delivery pickups
- License for a single site is $69
Learn about all its features and pricing here.
9. Conditional Shipping And Payments For WooCommerce
The Conditional Shipping and Payments for WooCommerce allows you to set the shipping methods according to your accessibility. You can restrict shipping methods based on various conditions such as maximum weight and location. You can also disable free shipping for large orders.
- Compatible with existing shipping methods and zones
- Restrict shipping methods based on various conditions such as location
- Other available conditions include product weight, height, dimension volume, and cart subtotal
- You can also restrict free shipping on larger orders
- Supports USPS and DHL
- Conditions such as coupons, user roles, number of products, and much more supported in the premium version
Check out all features here.
10. Print Invoices And Packing Lists
The WooCommerce Print Invoice, Packing Slip, Delivery Note & Label plugin provides an ease to the business owner by enabling them to print shipment-related documents and labels directly from the WooCommerce admin dashboard. You can also customize these labels according to your preference.
- Customize store logo on PDF invoice, packing slips, and all shipment-related labels
- Generate bulk invoices from the admin dashboard
- Send invoices by email notifications
- You can also auto-generate invoice numbers and add prefix/suffix as well
- You can preview your label before printing
- WPML compatibility in the Premium version
- Multiple template options
Check out all features here.
11. Cart Based WooCommerce Shipping
This WooCommerce shipping plugin integrates seamlessly with your eCommerce store and is easy to set up and use. You can calculate the shipping rates on 3 conditions, these are product weight, the number of items on the cart, and the cart subtotal. It is one of the best WooCommerce shipping plugins.
- Shipping rates of product weight, cart subtotal, and number of items on the cart
- Compatible with WooCommerce shipping zones
- Easy to use settings page
- Include/exclude tax
- You can customize the shipping label
- You can create different shipping methods by setting maximum/minimum limits
- The regular license is $15
For more details, click here.
12. WooCommerce Shipping Plus
This is one of the best WooCommerce shipping method plugins. You can create unlimited shipping methods and set rates depending on your requirements. It is a powerful tool and requires no coding.
- You can customize the shipping label and add your logo
- Include/exclude tax from shipping rates
- Create multiple shipping methods on various conditions, such as cart quantity, cart weight, cart subtotal, coupons, user role, shipping class, and much more
- You can also set shipping rate conditions on specific products or maximum value
- You can also add start and end dates to manage shipping
- The regular license is $17
Click here for more information
Aftership is one of the best shipment tracking solutions for WooCommerce. It engages your customers by tracking pages, sending out proactive order status through emails, and adds tracking functionality of more than 700 carriers easily. You can start today with a 14 days free trial.
- Manage all shipment data at one place from different carriers
- Shows estimated delivery time
- Supports CVS export
- Customize email notifications based on delivery status such as transit, out for delivery, etc
- Enable tracking at the order history page
- Compatible with a wide range of apps and plugins
Different pricing plans available, check them all out here.
14. DHL Express Shipping For WooCommerce
DHL Express Shipping is a free shipping plugin for WooCommerce. It allows customers to access real-time DHL shipping rates based on product weight and location. You can also add rate conversion for a currency not specified by DHL. It is one of the best WooCommerce shipping plugins.
- Access real-time DHL shipping rates
- Breakdown shipping rates
- Shows estimated delivery time
- Currency conversion
- You can set shipping charges for each shipping method
- Order tracking option in the premium version
- DHL Paket and DHL eCommerce service supported in the premium version
Check out its live demo site here.
15. Address Validation Shipping Plugin
With the help of this WooCommerce shipping plugin, you can increase your store’s output by verifying the address given by customers during checkout through EasyPost Address Verification API. You can also add the Google Autocomplete feature for a simpler checkout experience.
- Google Address Autocomplete API fills addresses accurately
- Address verification carried out by EasyPost
- Get verified addresses confirmed from customers before dispatch
- Customize label text and buttons in the premium version
- USPS and Addressfinder APIs are supported in the premium version for address verification
You can find the live demo and tutorials for setting up, troubleshooting and coding on their website.
Shippo is one of the best WooCommerce shipping plugins. It provides you with the best possible rates and discounts available on multiple carriers such as UPS, DHL, USPS, etc. You can also connect all sales channels in one place for easy management.
- Access the lowest possible rates from DHL, UPS, USPS, etc
- Order tracking option
- Notify customers through email
- In-built address verification
- Schedule pickups
- Compare carrier rates
- Customize shipping labels and tracking page
- Live chat customer support in premium versions
Different pricing plans available based on your needs, check them here.
17. WooCommerce Order Delivery Date
With this plugin, you can customize and control the estimated order delivery time so that your customers know when they will receive their orders. Moreover, your customers have the ease of selecting a delivery day during the checkout process. You can also set a limit on the deliveries per day and mark non-delivery days as holidays.
- Customers can select the delivery date on checkout
- Non-delivery days can be marked as holidays
- Disable delivery for virtual products
- Set limit to deliveries per day
- Pro version features include; setting delivery time along with the delivery date, compatibility with shipping classes and zones, filtering deliveries by dates and time, and much more
Check out the complete list of Lite and Pro versions features here.
18. Flat Rate Shipping Plugin
This WooCommerce shipping plugin reduces cart abandonment by introducing flat rate shipping methods based on different categories such as product weight, destination, cart subtotal, user role, product category, and much more. It is an easy and flexible shipping plugin for WooCommerce and is considered one of the best.
- Fixed cost-based shipping
- Unlimited shipping methods on different attributes
- Enable and disable table rate shipping rates
- Location-based, product-based, and cart-based shipping methods
- WPML compatibility
- “Force All shipping” allows customers to see all shipping options
- Set various parameters for shipping rates
- Set start and end dates on shipping methods
- Lite and Pro version available
To download, click here.
19. Hide WooCommerce Shipping Methods
This shipping plugin for WooCommerce allows you to hide shipping methods based on different categories such as shipping class, zones, destination, order weight, etc. This is also particularly useful when you have free shipping or local pickup available.
- Hide shipping methods based on shipping classes, product category, product weight, etc
- You can customize the conditions to hide shipping methods
- Hide shipping methods when free delivery is available
- You can also hide shipping methods when a local pickup is available
- Hide third-party shipping methods
- Updates and bug fixes routinely in the premium version
- Hide shipping methods based on zip code
Both free and premium versions available, click here for download.
20. Advanced Shipment Tracking for WooCommerce
The Advanced Shipment Tracking plugin for WooCommerce allows you to add tracking information once a customer places an order. It also fully automates the post-order process and enhances the customer experience. It has more than 250 carriers tracking links available.
- You can design the layout for tracking email completely along with color, font, and content
- Automatically generates tracking links to your customers
- Add custom shipping providers
- Quick and easy interface
- Optimize order workflow with TrackShip Integration available in the premium version
- You can also add tracking per item in the premium version
For more details, click here.
WooCommerce shipping plugins should always be customized based on the customers’ needs and accessibility. The shipping plugins for WooCommerce are designed to optimize the post-order workflow and reduce cart abandonment. Surprisingly, shipping costs are one of the major reasons for cart abandonment. Consequently, customers will not purchase their favored items if the shipping and delivery method is not optimized for them.
With WooCommerce shipping plugins, you can provide special packaging, services, and same-day delivery to your customers. You can also generate bulk invoices and customize them according to your brand. Moreover, creating a quick, easy, and intuitive shipping experience would be beneficial for your business as it would leave a positive impact on the whole online shopping experience.
The WordPress directory provides a wide range of free and premium shipping plugins that have the ability to track orders, create unlimited shipping methods and customization options to enhance user experience.